- 2 hours
This course is available to RACGP members only.
This activity is a nationally and RACGP accredited CPR refresher. The course covers both the theory and practical skills required to refresh your CPR skills and knowledge. It is a conveniently designed 2 hour course with some online pre-learning.
You will be issued a nationally recognised statement of attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation as well as 5 points and a certificate of attendance for your RACGP requirements.
This course is not available to international students.
This course covers the following:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures;
- Legal, workplace and community considerations;
- Airway obstruction due to body position;
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR;
- Appropriate use of an AED;
- Chain of Survival;
- Standard precautions; and
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- How to recognise a person is not breathing normally;
- Response/consciousness; and
- Upper airway and effect of positional change.
- Respond to an emergency situation;
- Perform at least two (2) minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor;
- Perform at least two (2) minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface;and
- Communicate details of the incident.
Completion of online pre-learning is required prior to arrival at the face-to-face session in class.
There are no pre-requisites associated with HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Unit(s) of Competency
There are no formal qualifications associated with this course.
Find a venue & book now
Sorry, this course is not bookable via the St John website.
Please contact our First Aid Services and Training team call centre on (08) 9334 1233 for more information and availability of this course.
The call centre is open Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.