- 2 days in class
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
The Provide First Aid – 2 day course would benefit all those at work, home or for leisure. The course provides an excellent general grounding in first aid and will enable you to perform appropriate first aid procedures and basic life support skills.
This course satisfies training requirements across a range of community and workplace settings and includes:
• DRSABCD St John Action Plan
• Recovery Position, including infant and adult
• Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with ARC Guidelines
• Access and operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) during a cardiac arrest
• Provide first aid in accordance with first aid principles and practices
• Write and communicate details of an incident
• Participate in a variety of scenarios
• allergic reaction, anaphylaxis, asthma, bleeding, burns, cardiac conditions including chest pain
• choking, diabetes, drowning, envenomation, eye injuries, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains,
• head, neck and spinal injuries, hypothermia, hyperthermia, minor wounds, nose-bleed, poisoning,
• seizures, shock, sharps injuries and stroke
The Provide First Aid – 2 day course combines three units of competency. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be issued with a statement of attainment (certificate) for the following units:
• HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
• HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
• HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Course Duration: 2 days in class
Delivery Method: Face-to-Face
Course Requirements: A basic understanding of spoken and written English, as well as a basic level of physical fitness is required to complete this course. If you require support and reasonable adjustment, please contact our customer care team on 9334 1233 prior to enrolling.
Terms and Conditions: To view our course booking terms and conditions, including our transfer and cancellation policy, as well as our student support services and general information, please click here.
• Ages 14 – 15 years can enrol in and attend the course but must have either parent/guardian or appropriate supervision
• Ages 16 – 17 years can enrol in and attend the course with written parent/guardian consent
The course covers the knowledge and performance criteria in accordance with HLTAID011 Provide first aid Unit of Competency and Assessment Requirements, located on training.gov.au.
Prior to attending the course, learners are sent a link to complete mandatory online learning and assessment by reading the Student Guide and successfully answering eighty (80) knowledge quiz questions at their own pace. This must be completed prior to attending the practical session unless there are extenuating circumstances. In this situation the learner must advise the Trainer and Assessor on arrival to the practical session.
The 2 days classroom-based sessions cover all first aid theory and knowledge assessment required to complete the course.
HLTAID011 Provide first aid - 1 day
The practical session includes demonstration, practise and skills assessment including the confirmation of knowledge gained in the online learning and assessment. Students must apply appropriate first aid procedures and perform uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on an infant manikin on a firm surface and adult manikin on the floor and use of an AED.
HLTAID011 Provide first aid - 2 day
The practical session includes demonstration, practise and skills assessment including the confirmation of knowledge gained during classroom-based training. Students must apply appropriate first aid procedures and perform uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on an infant manikin on a firm surface and adult manikin on the floor and use of an AED.
HLTAID011 Provide first aid - Assessment only - 4.5 hours
The practical session includes a brief review and practise, and skills assessment including the confirmation of knowledge gained in the online learning and assessment. Students must apply appropriate first aid procedures and perform uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on an infant manikin on a firm surface and adult manikin on the floor and use of an AED.
On successful completion of all assessments, students will receive a nationally accredited Statement of Attainment.
Students who may require additional support to complete this course are encouraged to call the St John WA Contact Centre on (08) 9334 1233 to discuss available options.
The HLTAID011 Provide first aid Unit of Competency standard requires a level of physical ability to meet the evidence requirements for assessment. These standards relate to the level of performance required to provide resuscitation and respond to an emergency situation where there may be risk to life.
Due to the potential risk to health and safety where a nominated first aider, or worker with duty of care, does not have the ability to perform resuscitation and/or first aid to the performance standard, it is not appropriate to issue a statement of attainment to learners who are physically unable to meet the assessment requirements.
Unit(s) of Competency
There are no formal qualifications associated with this course.