- Online learning and 4.5hrs in class
UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live low voltage panel.
Modified delivery method to comply with COVID-19 restrictions. You must arrive 15 minutes prior to class start time for screening and hygiene procedures.
This course covers the performance of rescue procedures from live low voltage (LV) apparatus. It includes responsibilities for health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels, adherence to safety practices and how to provide CPR to a non-responsive casualty.
Who this course is recommended for
This course includes online learning and practical training and assessment. Completion of online learning must be done prior to arrival at the class. Please click on the More Info button below for further details.
St John WA follows ARC Guideline 10.1 Basic Life Support Training which recommends all those trained in CPR should refresh their CPR skills at least annually.
Please CLICK HERE to read our Terms and Conditions, Student Support Services and General Information.
**This course is not available to international students (this includes dependants who are in Australia under the holder of the International Student Visa)
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation covers the following:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures
- Legal, workplace and community considerations
- Airway obstruction due to body position
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- Appropriate use of an AED
- Chain of survival
- Standard precautions
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- How to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- Upper airway and effect of positional change
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR procedures:
- Perform at least two (2) minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- Perform at least two (2) minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Communicate details of the incident
UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel covers the following:
- Inspection of rescue equipment
- Assessing hazards to rescuer, casualty and others
- Isolation procedures where appropriate
- Knowledge of Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Involvement of external emergency services
- Placement of rescue equipment
- Controlling hazards to rescue, casualty and others
- Maintaining Safe Approach Distance (SAD) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Removinfg casualty to safe location/place of safety
- Applying relevant Work Health and Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, including the use of risk control measures
- Inspecting and placing rescue equipment
- Identifying and labelling the isolation point
- Performing a rescue from a low voltage (LV) panel in accordance with workplace procedures
Completion of online pre-learning of both the HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel Units of Competency are required prior to arrival at the face-to-face session in class.
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a pre-requisite to UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel.
Unit(s) of Competency
There are no formal qualifications associated with this course.