New St John Health Centre opens in Osborne Park
- St John WA’s sixth primary care centre has opened,
- St John Health Centre in Osborne Park joins the network of existing centres in Armadale, Cockburn, Joondalup, Cannington and Midland.
- The centre includes Urgent Care, General Practice (GP) and Dental services.
- The centre is part a $28 million funding commitment from the Federal Government to develop and evaluate the urgent care model.
St John WA opened its Osborne Park Health Centre on Monday 11 July, marking the third of four new centres committed as part of a Federal Government-funded trial to deliver urgent, non-emergency care to patients who may normally go to a hospital emergency department for treatment.
The centre is part a $28 million Federal Government commitment to develop and evaluate the urgent care model, treating local patients who have sustained urgent injuries such as sprains, broken bones or cuts that need stitches or similar treatment.
Services at the Osborne Park Health Centre include Urgent Care, GP, pathology, x-ray and plaster casting, providing an extensive range of treatments in one convenient location. The general dental service will open later in 2022.
St John WA Executive Director of Primary Health, Darren Webb, said the new Osborne Park centre offered residents in the City of Stirling and surrounding areas with a pragmatic alternative for treating non-emergency injuries.
“Based on our experience at existing locations, we expect the new Osborne Park centre to be very popular. It is essential that patients in WA have alternative healthcare options readily available,” Mr Webb said.
“The new St John Health Centre is open for extended hours, including evenings and weekends, every day of the year. For any life-threatening emergency, patients should always go straight to ED, but for non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses, St John Urgent Care is ready to help.”
The Osborne Park centre will add to the existing St John WA Urgent Care network, which last year added centres in Midland and Cannington. Another new centre is scheduled to open in Mandurah in 2023.
“This growing network of Urgent Care Centres will further strengthen St John WA’s commitment to building West Australia’s health resilience,” Mr Webb said.
St John Health Centre Osborne Park is located at 435 Scarborough Beach Road, Osborne Park. The centre is open from 8am to 9pm, 365 days a year.
Pictured, from left:
- Sally Carbon, Deputy Chair of the Board, St John WA
- Member for Perth, Patrick Gorman MP
- Federal Member for Curtin, Kate Chaney
- Antony Smithson, Acting Chief Executive Officer, St John WA