First Aid Focus Program
First Aid Focus
Would your students know what to do?
Accidents can happen at any time and sometimes the only person available to help is a young person.
St John Ambulance offers FREE first aid training to students, so they know what to do if they are faced with a first aid emergency.
Schools can select from the following age-appropriate practical sessions:
- Kindergarten -
Pre primary: 30mins
- Years 1 & 2: 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Years 3 - 6: 1 hour
- Years 7 - 12: 1 hour 20 minutes
Skills promoted by the program
The First Aid Focus program aims to train and equip students with the skills to assess and respond to first aid
Experienced Community Education Officers demonstrate the correct first aid approach and students have the opportunity to practise and rehearse these life-saving skills.
The practical skill-based sessions support students learning by teaching them how to enhance their own and others’ health, safety and wellbeing in varied and changing contexts.
The sessions also provide opportunities for students to:
- Develop and refine resilience skills
- Learn and practice the ability to make safe decisions, manage risk and take actions to promote the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Learn to take a critical approach to and to access, analyse and apply a variety of resources for the benefit of themselves and the communities.