St John Cadetship
St John Cadetship
The Cadetship Program offers 16 and 17 year olds the opportunity to learn lifesaving, accredited first aid skills for FREE, as well as having the chance to volunteer within the WA community at many local and major events.
By joining the Cadetship Program, each volunteer becomes part of the Event Health Services division across the Perth metro area. Each cadet will have the choice to complete an induction course or complete training within their division of choice. Once training is complete, the cadets are ready to attend events across the state. Each cadet will also be able to develop further skills with regular training sessions throughout the year.
The Cadetship Program offers 16 and 17 year olds the opportunity to:
- Learn life-saving skills - first aid and ambulance skills training
- Receive recognised and endorsed first aid qualifications and training
- Attend public events at many of Western Australia's local and major events, providing medical support and safeguarding the health of the public
- Kick start their knowledge and aspirations to become a health care professional
- Work alongside other agencies such as Police, Fire and SES
- Have fun and form new friendships
- Interact and become a part of the St John family
From weekend sporting fixtures to large scale events such as the Perth Royal Show, Lotterywest Skyworks, musical festivals and more, Event Health Services volunteers make sure those in attendance know there is a trained helping hand to give first aid care and assistance when needed.
The Cadetship Program is a voluntary position within St John WA and is completely complimentary.It is currently only available within the Perth metro area.
For more information or to apply, please click here.