First Aid Recruit Programs
First Aid Recruits
An extra-curricular first aid training program especially for secondary students.
First Aid Recruits is a first aid training program designed for students aged 12 to 17 years. The program caters for various levels of ability and the learning experiences are designed for different learning styles and contexts.
How the program works
- The program is suitable for students 12 – 17 years of age
. The program has 4 tiers - Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum . Each tier contains 6 modules and it’s recommended that each module is completed over 60 minutes . The first aid content becomes more advanced as the levels progress, ensuring students are continually engaged and challenged . Students receive a certificate of completion.
Program delivery is easy
- Any parent or school staff member can deliver the program content, provided they have a current Provide First Aid Certificate and Working with Children Check. Instructors can undertake Provide First Aid training with St John at no charge if this accreditation is required
. Comprehensive support is provided through a series of lesson plans and teaching materials . Any required consumables can be purchased from St John at a discounted price.
- First Aid Recruits also provides opportunities to demonstrate leadership and active citizenship through volunteering. Through First Aid Recruits, students will not only learn the skills to save a life but they will also become exposed to possible future pathways with St John in the areas of first aid, as an ambulance volunteer or in a career as a health care professional.
The program provides a fantastic opportunity for secondary students to:
- Develop their first aid skills
- Build resilience and confidence to act in an emergency
- Learn about health, safety and wellbeing
The first aid topics covered in the program include:
- St John Action Plan
- Bleeds and Burns Asthma
- Head and Spinal Injuries
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- And plenty more…