St John First Responder App
Help us find you in an emergency
We know that sometimes pinpointing your exact location can be difficult but when a situation is life threatening, every second counts. The St John First Responder App sends your GPS coordinates to the operator when you call Triple 000 for an ambulance, speeding up the time it takes to confirm your location and dispatch an ambulance.
Features of the St John First Aid App
The St John Ambulance First Responder App is an invaluable tool in an emergency situation. It offers users access to vital information, such as first aid instruction guides, location of the nearest medical centre and emergency department, as well as real time updates on emergency department waiting times and more.
Over 200,000 Western Australians have downloaded the app which also contains other resources, including:
- First aid instruction guides – helping you to treat a range of injuries and illnesses.
- Defibrillator (AED) locator - showing all the defibrillator locations near you.
- Upload the location of new defibrillator (AED) locations that aren't currently appearing on the app.
- Locate nearest medical centres and emergency departments - including live ED waiting time information.
- Patient transport services information.
- Your first aid course information and refresher reminder notices.
- First aid tips and special offers - keeping you up to date with handy first aid information.
Help others in an emergency situationThe St John First Responder app allows qualified first aiders in Western Australia to sign up and become a registered first responder. If a nearby emergency occurs (in a public place within 500 meters), you will be notified and given the opportunity to assist until the ambulance arrives.
To become a first aid responder, you will need to provide evidence of having completed a first aid course within the last three years. Minimum qualification level of HLTAID001
The St John Ambulance First Responder is a free app that is compatible with iPhones, iPads and android devices. It is available on Apple’s App Store and Google Play. You can find out more about how to use the app in our First Aid Responder App Guide.
View our video guides on all the features located within the St John First Responder App.
The St John First Responder app has made headlines across Australia
Want to learn more?
Head to our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about how the St John First Responder app can assist you and others in a first aid emergency.