St John First Responder App
Help us find you in an emergency
Pinpointing your exact location can become difficult in an emergency situation. The St John First Responder App sends your GPS coordinates to the operator when you call Triple 000 for an ambulance, speeding up the time it takes to confirm your location and dispatch and ambulance.
Over 200,000 Western Australians have downloaded the app which also contains a number of other resources, including:
- First aid instruction guides – helping you to treat a range of injuries and illnesses.
- Defibrillator (AED) locator - showing all the defibrillator locations near you.
- Upload the location of new defibrillator (AED) locations that aren't currently appearing on the app.
- Locate nearest medical centres and emergency departments - including live ED waiting time information.
- Patient transport services information.
- Your first aid course information and refresher reminder notices
- First aid tips and special offers - keeping you up to date with handy first aid information.
Help others in an emergency situationThe St John First Responder app allows qualified first aiders in Western Australia to sign up and become a registered first responder. If a nearby emergency occurs (in a public place within 500 meters), you will be notified and given the opportunity to assist until the ambulance arrives.
To become a first responder you will need to provide evidence of having completed a first aid course within the last three years. Minimum qualification level of HLTAID001