During this session, students are taken on a comprehensive guided tour of an ambulance, providing them with valuable insights into its inner workings. The purpose of this session is to create a sense of familiarity and ease for students when it comes to being in an ambulance. By experiencing first-hand the various components and functions of an ambulance, students can develop a better understanding and appreciation for the crucial role it plays in emergency medical care.
Students will go over the following:
- How can you tell if someone is a paramedic?
- What is an ambulance used for?
- How to spot an ambulance
- See the ambulance with the lights and sirens on and the importance of them
- Where all the bandages and supplies are kept
- Using Kura Bear we show students how the oxygen mask works and how to secure someone onto the stretcher.